Friday, October 14, 2011

Pieces of a bigger puzzle

When I first decided to actually go ahead and take the first steps for starting this business I knew that I wanted to be able to use this process to hone my other creative/artistic abilities.

I see this company as way more than just  body/hair care, I want to be able to use this company as "project within a project" so to speak.  Using this company to take what I know or kind of know how to do and get better at it all while building this brand Simply Care.

Lets take Video Editing and Photography for instance, this is something that I kind of know how to do already. With this company I can become better at it by showing me in the process of working. (Labeling, mixing products, bottling products, packaging and so forth) Also I could show hairstyles and some tips and tricks that I have come across along the way.

Then there's Illustration. I really would like to develop "I Love Myself" as a really simply picture book. One specifically for young boys, and one for young  girls. So by using Simply Care I can become better at illustration and it also helps to market myself as an illustrator.

Moving along to Graphic Design you have to develop the look and feel of the company/company image, who you plan on marketing to, what you plan on marketing and so on. So under that umbrella you have the logo design, business card design, pamphlets/brochures, stationary ( Letterhead, envelopes, stamp labels, etc.).
I guess Web Design would also fall into this category and having an online presence and building my website.

If beginning this journey has done anything, it has shown my how multi-talented and creative I am. I have so much that I can bring to this company and even more to get out of building it.

With this company I of course want to sell hair and body products.. but I have a lot more in store as far as merchandise. Little things that I came up with while doing my own hair. One of those which kept on sticking out in my mind is a hair mat- which be for those days when you would sit in front the the TV or computer while doing you hair, product and little curlies are flying everywhere ! This would combat against that. It would be like an area mat so to speak.

I had a couple other merchandise items to blog about but currently I'm having a brain fart. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...