Saturday, October 8, 2011

Introducing..... um.. the blog

So,

This blog will be dedicated to all things natural (and sometimes relaxed) hair ! I have been going back and forth with the decision to open a natural hair business. I feel like the market is SO FLOODED with natural hair care "stuff" since according to the masses, "natural hair is now in". So to side step this I intend to market my line as TOTAL BODY CARE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY.

This will include hair care, facial products, and body care for women, men, boys, girls, adults, teens, babies. The whole nine !

A little background... I stopped relaxing my hair after a horrible relaxer incident at 17 and I haven't looked back since. When I was 20 I decided to loc my hair and I had locs for 4-5 years before two (WOW) years ago I combed them out. Yes, you can comb out locs ! While I had locs I was interested in products and how they were made, sometimes I would experiment on my own as well. The floodgates of being a mixtress weren't opened until I combed out my locs(thanks YOUTUBE) and I realized I needed to get hip quick.

There was a quick stint as a Product Junkie, but thats normal for most newbies. Which I was. Even though I had been natural for almost 5 years, when I combed out my locs it was like I BC (Big Chopped) and I was starting all over again.

I always had a love of learning and I began researching, youtubing, blogging, and forum-ing like a fiend ! I remember the first mixtress products which was Shealoe. After that it was a wrap !

Fast forward to about six months ago (? maybe longer) but I was speaking to my mother and she brought up the fact that maybe I was having a hard time finding a full-time job because I really should be in business for myself. I was already free-lancing as an artist, but I have never really given any thought to a hair care business.. Then it seemed like after my Mother spoke that into existance, everyone else seemed to bring this up. My linesisters, my sister, my closest friends, and some church family. Even my Mother's(who is relaxed)hairstylist was like "I see her being the next Carol's Daughter." Which is kind of a big deal, because she is. lol

I wasn't sure and I was struggling with committing to it because I don't or didn't want to fail. The only thing worse than failing is not trying. So here it is. I'm trying. Another reason why there was so much inner turmoil was because I was trying to make decisions on my own without consulting the one who matters the most. The Lord.

Seems so simple now doesn't it ? It took me a good few months before I relized this. I have so many goals and aspirations and haircare is just one of them. I have a pretty good sized "natural haired network" plus willing people to try out my products. *shrugs* I need to WOMAN up, say a prayer and just do the doggone thang !

If everything goes according to plan-- scratch that-- His plan, I will have multiple businesses.

Here goes nothing !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...