Thursday, October 13, 2011

Making a list..

Starting a business is tough work, or taking what I do for fun on the side to the next level is tough work... lol
It takes a lot of research, planning, more research and more planning. There's probably some things that I forgot. That's where Google, libraries and bookstores come in handy ! It's also great to have somewhat of a mentor. My older sister started her own business and is now going on her sixth year in business. Seeing how most start-ups fail within the first five years, she is most certainly on the right track. I'm so proud of her and I hope to be where she is in 5-6 years.

While researching I came across many checklists and I thought I would post them here along with my progress of crossing them off. Crossing off items is the fun part !

This is the first of a few checklists that I have come across... I plan on posting them all because some of them have different approaches to the first steps or things that one should complete when beginning a new business.


STEP #1. ORGANIZE YOURSELF
STEP #2. SELECT BUSINESS CARDS, STATIONERY ADVERTISING BROCHURES ETC
STEP #3. DECIDE ON THE TYPE OF BUSINESS
STEP #4. CHOOSE A LEGAL FORM
STEP #5. DETERMINE WHERE THE MONEY WILL COME FROM
STEP #6. GATHER INFORMATION
STEP #7. CHOOSE A MAILING ADDRESS
STEP #8. PICK A BUSINESS NAME AND REGISTER IT
STEP #9. WRITE A BUSINESS PLAN
STEP #10. SET UP RECORD-KEEPING SYSTEMS
STEP #11. OPEN A BUSINESS CHECKING ACCOUNT

STEP #12. OBTAIN LICENSES & PERMITS



So far, I have Step 1 in progress and Step 3 completed !  Lol yay me. I've picked up a couple a business books from the store and I need to crack them open. I've also started writing a business plan. 

There is a lot to do ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...