Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Operation Sunflower Olive Oil



Operation Sunflower Olive Oil

There are days when I just want to give my curls a little extra loving, maybe they are looking a little tired and dry.. or perhaps lusciously moisturized and I want to keep that streak going for a few more days by giving it a little extra “umph”…

-Enter Operation Sunflower Olive Oil-  (Read after the jump for the Frolicious Mixtress Recipe Card!)


With a mixture of Sunflower Oil, Olive Oil, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, and Peppermint Extract, I plan on LOVING UP on my kinks. You should pamper the ones you love you know, and that definitely includes your precious curlies!

I must admit as of late I haven’t been giving them as much love as I should, but I plan to completely rectify that ! This news I will go into more detail about in my next post.

Here is a little more info about the ingredients of the wonderfully moisturizing treatment.

Sunflower Oil - is a wonderful natural moisturizer for dry hair…great for dry and damaged hair. Also works well as a conditioner

Olive Oil - which is sometimes referred to as the “godmother of hair oil,” is great for , eliminating dandruff , moisturizing, improving hair strength, and deep conditioning. Sunflower Oil also has powerful antioxidants that can help fight hair loss. It is an excellent all purpose oil for your hair.

Glycerin - is the humectant of choice in products, such as shampoos and hair conditioners. It adds moisture that repairs dry and damaged hair.

Aloe Vera Gel – is an incredible moisturizing and soothing properties which makes it the ultimate choice for dry and damaged hair.  It forms a protective barrier which helps retain moisture and promote healing. Aloe Vera has great benefits and usage for hair growth.

Peppermint Essential Oil - helps to increase circulation and stimulates the scalps production of natural oils. It’s great to add into shampoos, conditioners or carrier oils for scalp rubs.

Class dismissed!

I used this mix on dry hair and applied in sections. I did a tad bit of detangling but not too much. I am trying to be gentler with my hair, but I wasn’t feeling the detangling thing right then. I’ve learned if you’re not in the mood to do a certain task, you will end up rushing the process and doing yourself a disservice.

Hence, no more detangling. 

I put on the Conditioning Cap of Love and let this little mixture marinate for about an hour.  Then I rinsed it out in the shower. I sealed with coconut oil and put my hair in extra-medium sized twists.

So, there you have it. Another successful Operation ! *fist-pump*

Here's a Frolicious Mixtress Recipe Card for you to try out this mixture for yourself ! Remember, this are my measurements, feel free to add more or less to suit your hair's need !





What do you think ?
Will you try this mixture out for yourself ?
What are some of your favorite mixes when you want to “love up on” your kinks and curls ?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...