Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I've Got Staples Y'all





 There are a few things that I hold near and dear to my heart, (besides the beau of course) 
Things that I count on day in and day out. 
Things that I always expect to perform at their peak of super amazingness. 
Things that I have just come to not be able to live with out. 
Realizing that I am running low, or somehow empty and it snuck up on me sends me in a frenzy !


Yes, y’all. Staples.


No, no, not the store with the big red sign.


It’s bigger than that.


I’m talking about staple products !

Pieces of a larger puzzle, that without… I do not feel complete !
Now I know I stated that this would be a series… but do you guys REALLY want to read post after post after post of my staple products? Can you say ah-boar-ring ? totally! 
So, while I know for sure there will be one post, I cannot guarantee there will be a second, unless I just have WAY to much to fit into one post.

Now I know you all have some favorite products and I hope you share them with me in the comment box 
*cough cough*o_O


But, for now, lets move on, and get into this serious business of “Staple Products”


Lord, Lord, Dear sweet 6lb 8oz baby Jesus, where would I be with out these products… mm mm mmm.


First and foremost, let me present to you all

Shea Butter-
*faints* where would I be ? Where would I be ?
I absolutely love shea butter. In all shapes, forms, and substances.

I remember mixing up my first Shealoe mix like it was yesterday ! *cue misty eyes* I was so proud! This was the beginning of my Frolicious Mixtress deliciousness.
Shea Butter has some amazing properties such as a moisturizer for hair and skin !  Google has some amazing definitions of said properties.. Check them both out yall !

Aloe Vera Juice and Aloe Vera Gel- At first I only used AVJ/AVG for a mix-in like Kimmaytube's mixture, but I saw a video on YT of some people spraying it directly on their head. I tried it and loved it ! I've also applied it directly to my scalp. I use AVJ/AVG in deep conditioners, leave-ins, and moisturizing butters.

Oils- I love me some carrier oils ! What's a carrier oil ? A carrier oil is a oil that is used to dilute essential oils(Peppermint, Tea Tree, Grapefruit, ect)

Some of my favorites are : Coconut Oil, Soybean and EVOO Oil, Argan Oil, Safflower, Sunflower, Canola,

Castor, Jojoba, to name a few ! Lol.

Flax seed gel is another one of my favorites. I first used Naptural 85's video in conjuntion with The Hairoine's video to make my first batch.  Since then, I have tweaked the recipe and come up with a couple of products I will eventually try to market. I blogged about them too. Have you read it ?

Bentonite Clay - Reset button for my hair. I love this clay. It is by far my favorite clay. I love th way it just detoxes and fully cleanses my hair ! It's a great facial mask too. 

Apple Cider Vinegar - Say what ?! I love ACV rinses, shampooing with ACV, deep conditioning with ACV, love it all! Easy apple cider vinegar hair rinses help with hair loss, dandruff, hair growth and shine!

 Conditioners- Some of my favorite conditioners, Tresemme Naturals, Suave Naturals, Giovanni 50/50, Agadir Agran Oil, and Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa. These also happen to be some of my favorite Shampoos as well ! I love SheaMoisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Control Shampoo.



Deep Conditioners- mmm mm, I love mixing up my own deep conditioner mixes, I plan on blogging about them under Frolicious Mixtress, so please check back and see ! Some other deep conditioners I like are, Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Restorative Trauma Masque, African Pride Hair Mayonnaise(LOVELOVELOVE).
 
Leave-in Conditioners - The only leave-in that I used to use was Kinky Curly Knot Today, and I would use Kimmaytubes mixture. I don't  use it so much anymore. Currently I use AVJ + Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in and an oil as a sealant for my leave-in. 

Styling If I'm not using one of my various products I make myself, I would use Shea Moisture
Curl Enhancing Smoothie, or Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Creme Hair. 

Welp, I think that is it ! My Staple Products, my favorite products, whatever. Things that my natural hair has come to love !
I think I'll blog about my staple tools next !

What are some of products that you just can't live without ?

2 comments:

  1. How does the Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Creme Hair compare to Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie? I have used the SMCES but I hate the smell so I need a replacement. I'm trying out a free products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The HBOOC is heavier than the SMCES, the best isn't too bad either. You definitely don't need to use a lot of the HBOOC though, a little bit goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...