Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Got That Regimen Baby ! Part Three (3 of 3)

Hello again ! 

Continuing from the second post about regimen...

Wait, you HAVEN'T read it ? CLICK for Part 1 and Part 2... then come back !

Again, I would like to  remind you that the most important thing you can do when caring for your hair is to  LISTEN to  it!  
Do what shes asks and you’re in business ! 

I laid out the basics of a hair care regimen in the first post along with components; in the following post I went into detail about how often one should consider doing each part of a regimen. 

This post follows up with the final six. I will be posting a recap of all three posts for easy referencing ! 

Everything that follows are just guidelines, you should do what are comfortable with. It’s your choice. I am just the provider of the information. :0)

Let’s continue with;

How often to trim your hair ? 
This should be judged by the condition of your ends. Are they splitting ? see through ?, slightly ragged, slightly uneven ? These are all signs that a trim is in order. If you are uncomfortable trimming your own hair, by all means see an EDUCATED stylist and ask for a trim.  
NOTE If your ends seem to be in good condition but you notice a few split ends, you can opt for the “Search and Destroy” Method. Where you single out split ends and cut them with hair scissors. It’s best to cut higher than the split end. 


How often to have hot oil treatments This is also up to your choosing.  Hot Oil treatments can be used for added scalp moisture, repairing dry hair. It also helps to restore the strength of your hair.


How often to rotate your shampoos and conditioners
This is something that I end up practicing because I run out of a certain shampoo or conditioner, not because I mean too! Lol. One can also determine which brands work best on their hair this way as well.


How often to Pre-poo and Co-wash –I absolutely love Pre-pooing ! If you are not familiar with this technique; you choose an oil or a mixture of oils and apply to your hair before shampooing. I apply a pree-poo mix and then cover my hair with a plastic cap.  You can pre-poo over night as well !  

I like to co-wash during the week when I feel like my hair has a little product build-up or I am just looking to get some extra moisture to my hair.  It is perfectly fine to co-wash daily. Word to the wise though, if in the wintertime, it might be best to dial back the co-washing, or at least doing so when you had time to let your hair dry fully before going outdoors. 

How often to moisturize—DAILY!   
The best moisture for your hair is water. Drinking water also ! It’s not enough just to moisturize your hair, you need to always seal your hair once you have applied moisture to seal all that goodness in!


Protecting your hair( from the elements, rough fabrics, at night.) 
To promote healthy hair you should sleep with either a satin bonnet, or on a satin pillow case. With regular pillowcases the fabric can tear, snag, and rip your strands!  Also if your hair is longer, you need to be aware that clothing can also cause this. Hair rubbing against collars of jackets and such can also cause hair to snag and/or tear.

I hope that this helps you all greatly ! It has helped me ! 

This sums of in great detail the various components of a hair care regimen, and what you should be keeping in mind when forming your own.

I will post a Recap Post to reference along with the Sample Regimen tomorrow curlies, so make sure to stop by ! 

2 comments:

  1. Yet another good post. I enjoy reading your blog and I am happy that I am subscribed to it. I trim my own ends though I probably should go to a professional :-). I pinch pennies whenever and wherever I can.

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Thank you, thank you, for your great feedback ! I live for comments! Lol. Oh and I should probably get a professional trim as well.....buuuut, lol I haven't yet. So no judgement here !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...