Thursday, January 5, 2012

Banana Bread and Mud !


Yes, you read correctly, Banana Bread and Mud. Sounds delightful doesn't it ? 

I don't know you all are aware, but I love being a mixtress. Even more than this, I love when I stumble upon new hair recipes ! 

I found this little gem via Naturally Curly except NOW I CAN"T FIND THE LINK to the article ! ugh ! 

Anyhow, I absolutely loved this Hair Mask. 



It was time for my regular hair spa day, so I knew I was in for the long haul ! I dubbed it Operation DetangleMahHurr because honestly, I just couldn't remember the last time I THOROUGHLY detangled ! 
*dodges tomatoes* 

I  detangled using India from MyNaturalSisters(YT) Breakdown Method .I usually detangle my hair this way, but now it has a name ! Lol. 

 I applied Aloe Vera Juice and an Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO and Soybean Oil mix to my curlies. My hair left feeling incredibly soft and moisturized. I almost didn't want to continue because it felt so amazing. I topped that off with the lovely conditioning cap and left my curls chill for a half hour or so. You can even SEE the softness ! 


After letting the oil "chill",  I took this little party to the shower to test out my new mud wash I made earlier  that day. I usually use Bentonite Clay mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and apply it section by section.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out but it was great ! I think it warrants it's own blog post ! (Stay tuned)


This is after the wash. I followed the wash with a tea and oil rinse. Amazing mixture which also deserves its own post!!!

Finally, the Pièce de résistance ! 

Banana Hair Mask ! 
Here is the recipe for this lovely delightful smelling hair goodie! 
  • 1 ripe banana (I used Gerber baby food! Much easier than having to worry about picking out bits of banana if you don't mash and mix the banana thoroughly.) It's happened before and I hated it ! So MIX-MIX-MIX if you don't use baby food!! 
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons of milk
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
 As you read above, I applied mine to freshly washed hair, although the recipe states that you can apply to dry wash and shampoo as you normally would. 

It's key to remember when you have egg in any mixture, you need to rinse with lukewarm/cool water. Or else you will have bits of scrambled egg in your hair ! 

Here are some photos of the Hair Mask applied and after it's been washed out.



I absolutely loved this mask ! It was amazing ! My hair spa day as usual treated my curlies like the Queen they are. After I rinsed out the mix, I sealed in my usual way and styled. 

All in all I must, this new mix was wunnerful! Banana Bread and Mud ! I love it ! 

Do you mix up your own hair recipes ? 

What are some of your favorites ? 


4 comments:

  1. I love mixing up my own stuff! I've tried the Banana Hair Mask but i'm partial to Avocado now :0 Your hair looks great. I think it like the Spa says :)

    Oh, BTW, I gave you a blog award. Check out the post on my blog.
    http://thehodgepodgefiles.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Avocado, I'm just out of it right now. lol Thank you by the way ! I know it likes the spa days!

    Oh wow! That's awesome ! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't usual mix but I am trying to make time to Dc and give my hair some TLC...just did a Greek yogurt one with my blog readers this week...will be checking your blog for other great mixes Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooove Greek Yogurt !! Thank you! Appreciate the support !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...