Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Black History Feature - Film

So, How are you liking the Black History Features ? Are they interesting ? Informative ? 


I hope all of the above. I've been doing a photo challenge on Instagram for Black History Month and I plan to post them here throughout the month of March. I figured you just couldn't get enough of Black History ! 



Today's feature is another inspiring and moving documentary entitled "Soundtrack for a Revolution" Only one word is needed to describe this documentary... Powerful


THIS documentary is one of the reasons why I went off on a rant in the first film feature here . I think that once you see this documentary, you might agree with my standpoint. I just believe that showing REAL, EMOTIONAL, HISTORICAL, footage of OUR history would prove to have much more impact then just a re-telling. Interviewing people who were actually there, lived through, survived through, grew because of it, seems to be a better way, then to let Hollywood tell our story. 


Our history "lessons" would have such a larger influence on people, especially younger people. Again, *shoulder shrug* this is just my view, and I can't readily change it, it just seems more powerful to see real tears, real hatred, real love, real strength, real passion rather than acting. 


Anywho, on to the documentary... 


"Soundtrack for a Revolution"








Netflix says : Music was a powerful tool in the American civil rights movement, spreading a message that was difficult for many to hear and serving as an energizing force for nonviolent protest. This documentary celebrates that intersection of movement and music. Featuring new performances of freedom songs by artists such as Mary J. Blige, Wyclef Jean and John Legend, the film also includes archival footage and interviews with civil rights leaders.


Documentary's Website says: SOUNDTRACK FOR A REVOLUTION tells the story of the American civil rights movement through its powerful music -the freedom songs protesters sang on picket lines, in mass meetings, in paddy wagons, and in jail cells as they fought for justice and equality.The film features new performances of the freedom songs by top artists. 


Here's a trailer for you to check it.  I hope that you all will go and watch this documentary. It's on Netflix !

If you do, please let me know what you thought about this film and also the first film posted here . You can tweet me (@_SimplyCare_) or you can post a comment to the FB page 


Enjoy !!




Sources: 
www.YouTube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4PPJi3yNvc&feature=player_embedded)
ww.Netflix.com (http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Soundtrack_for_a_Revolution/70117049?trkid=2361637)
www.soundtrackforarevolution.com (http://www.soundtrackforarevolutionfilm.com/Home.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...