Thursday, November 24, 2011

All About Moisture !


So my pretty widdle naps had been neglected and were just CRYING out for some lovin’ AKA moisture. ..

I realized a week or so back that I had been heavy on the protein treatments, not that I have protein overload or anything because usually there some type of moisture somewhere in there, but , I digress….

Usually in a “normal” hair regimen one will rotate protein and moisture treatments from month to month or week to week depending upon how often you deep condition. As an avid follower of “do what your hair needs” regimen I decided to do an ALL ABOUT MOISTURE treatment and it was utterly UH-mazing ! : )




First I pre-pooed with honey, soybean oil, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), & argan oil. I let the mixture sit for about an hour or so then then I shampooed with Up&Up (which is a Target brand) Shampoo for Color treated hair.

Now you might be asking, “Well why are you using a color treated hair shampoo if you have never dyed your hair?”

Well kind people, when your hair is lacking in the moisture department it would behoove you to shampoo and or condition(which ever you may need) with a dry, damaged hair/color treated hair product. These types of products are specifically meant to moisturize those different hair conditions. They are best when your strands need a dose of moisture even if your hair isn’t dry, damaged, or color treated.  

Anywhoo, just a quick little lesson :0)

After I shampooed, I followed up with an Argan Oil Moisture Mask and I sprayed my hair with Olive Oil Nourishing Hair Spray. I left the mask on for another hour.  Before I rinsed out my deep conditioner I let it cool and  I applied Up&Up Conditioner to it. This trick I learned from Shelli of Hairscapades. Click the link to learn more about this technique! It’s quickly become a fast favorite of mine! : )

So, after rinsing the deep conditioner, I applied an Island Oil mixed with Argan Oil to my strands, Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizer, and then sealed the ends!!

Voila !!

Mad about Moisture completed !

I now have hair that no longer feels neglected like a red-headed stepchild !  Hah :0)

What do you do when you feel your hair is crying out for attention ??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...