Monday, October 28, 2013

Blogaversary -- Um, I Forgot.

I missed my Blogaversary.

Happy Belated Birthday Bloggy !

Here I am at 1:15am and I realized that I totally overlooked my Blogaversary! 

October 8, 2013 was the two year anniversary of the blog. It feels like I haven't journeyed very far but looking back I see just how far I've come.

I have no clue how I forgot. Well, actually I do,  I've been less focused on the blog and I just forgot all about it. There are just so many ideas and things cluttering up my mind and I feel like I'm going in a zillion different directions.

Weeks here and there have been difficult of 2013. I've felt confused and torn between where to go and what to do in a few aspects of my life. There were times when I just stopped completely but that didn't do anything but make it worse. When I began to confront those feelings, well that's when those clouds began to clear. I decided to open up a bit on here on the blog as well.

Things were still stagnant though but I was trying to get back into the habit of blogging regularly. My two check in posts (here, and here) helped me to get back into the groove of things.

I remember how excited I was for the very first Blogaversary. I can't believe it's been two years ! How amazing is that ? So much has taken place between October 8, 2012 and October 8, 2013. I think it's high time for a bit of reflection just to see how far this blog has come.

Native Love Company Logo

Evolving in Native Love Company -- Many of you know that I began this journey as Simply Care. There came a point that I felt that Simply Care just wasn't "cutting it" anymore and I made the decision to do a complete rebrand. I realized now that I really didn't dedicate a post to introducing it, it was more tweets and facebook posts. If in fact you would like the backstory, just leave a comment and I'll be sure to post it for you. The shift just seemed right and now I feel like with the change everything just seems to work better.


Ebony Entrepreneurs 

Ebony Entrepreneurs -- My latest endeavor into supporting and showcasing black and brown small businesses. You can read more about that here and view our first feature small business here.









Journey To A Small Business -- I have goals that I have sidestepped while getting in my own way. That's ended. Now I'm focused, I choose to be great. I choose to look at the big picture and not let the small details get in the way. I'm probably forgetting some other important things that have taken place since my last Blogaversary and that's fine. It felt good to take a step back though, reflection is key for growth.

Now, watch me work.

Top 3 Viewed Posts ! 
1. Our 100th Post 1,663 views
2. What Is Your Acne Telling You? 1,256 views
3. Can Kinks Get Love Too? 240 views

Top 2 Pinned/Viral Posts !
1. Let's Make A Conditioner
2. What Is Your Acne Telling You?

Top Views From Around the World ! 
United States 10326     Russia 5997
Germany  461           United Kingdom 347
Ukraine  278               France  194
Canada  167               Kenya  81
China  71                   Netherlands  66



136 posts and over 20,000 views. I remember my hype over 1,000. 
I can't say it enough, so I'll just say it over and over again.
Thank you for your support, tweets, comments and likes, you all are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...