Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Bloggy ! + A Retrospective

It's a celebration y'all !


365 days.

So many things can happen in a year, that's a lot time.

Yet it passes by in almost a blink. Just like that, it's gone and you have another year to progress, strive, and continue moving forward.

Today this blog turns 1 year old. Can you believe it ? I certainly can't. I remember my first post like it was yesterday! Literally.

Sometimes when I am writing posts, and I need to back link or reference a past post, I am shocked by how long it can sometimes take for me to come across the right post.

Have I really written that many ?

I wonder how many people have read, shared, or even actually liked what I have posted.

In  year's time what are some ways that I can gauge the effectiveness of this blog, it's growth, and reach ?

I definitely have more readers, comments, and subscribers. Yet somehow it's not enough. I'm still the new kid on the block, but maybe I haven't asked enough people to play ! Lol.

This blog and I have come a long ways together! Our first series, blog challenges, Black History Month, a little bit of Frolicious Mixtressin'. I can't wait to see what another year will bring! 


Enough of the retrospective, let's move on to candles and cake !




This year celebration really creeped up on me. It's like I knew it was coming but subsequently forgot about it. It doesn't feel like I've been blogging for a whole entire year.

So, I guess this means a celebration is in order, for a number of things.

1. Reaching 100+ likes on the Facebook page
2. Surpassing 150 Followers in the facebook page
3. One whole year of bloggity bloggin'

I'm excited about this giveaway but more skeptical than I should be. I didn't write a really in-depth post about the mishandling I encountered with the United States Postal System, and I don't intend to now. I just hope that this time around things run much more smoothly.

This giveaway won't be "huge" like some 1 year blog celebrations that I've encountered but I do intend to have more than one winner. That's big to me !

So go tell all your curlfriends, while I finish up the details for the giveaway!

Questions ! 
What's one or two of your favorite things about this blog ? 

Do you have a favorite post, or maybe a post that taught you a new thing or two ? 

I would LOVE to know ! 

What would be one or two things you would like to see on this blog in the future ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...