Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Look Back :: New Year's Hair Resolutions




Yes, its March, I know, but I thought it would be a good time to look back and see how I'm doing with my New Years Hair Resolutions(NYHR). 

I posted my NYHR's here, take a glance for a refresher. I know I needed it ! So, I decided to take each resolution and see how I am helping my kinks and curls acheive their hairy glory !



1. Be even more gentle with my curlies.
 I have a post coming up about this, and what I discovered about some of my detangling tools. I also have stopped snapping off a strand (BAD I KNOW) when I came across a split end or Single Strand Knot. When I dry detangle (yet another future post!) I make sure my strands are still lubricated. I also try not to "pull" when I am detangling. So far I think I am doing a great job at being more gentle. I am finding less split ends, SSK's still are an occurence, but a little oil rinsing here and there, along with stretching my hair should solve the problem!

2. Start experimenting with more styles. 
I used to do all types of styles when my hair was shorter, but now that I have length I found myself doing less, I would puff and go, an up-do, or I would do a twist-out. I have definitely been doing more styles now though. I've posted a couple of the styles and recorded two videos. See links at the bottom!

3. Moisture.
I definitely have improved in this area. I love that I can feel a difference in my hair. I still use Aloe Vera Juice and or water to moisturize my kinks.

4. Keep retaining length and healthy strands.
I have definitely retained length, during these pastcouple of weeks I have definitely seen length. I'm not even that crazy about doing length checks. I recently trimmed my ends because I noticed they were looking a little rough. I also am participating in KCCM Castor Oil Challenge ! Which is about healthy strands and length rentention.
 
5. Working on my dry scalp issues. 
Now, this is one area that I am most proud of. I have had such a bad case of dry scalp, I couldn't even sleep with a satin bonnet ! Now this is definitely something you're going to want to come back read when I go more in detail about it ! 



So, how about you ? How are your NYHR's holding ? If you find that you need to get back on track, use this month to do just that and check on your hair in 3 or so months time ! I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised ! I know I was/am ! I plan to check back in with more updates after the KCCM Castor Oil Challenge ends !

Have  great day curlies !

I feel good ! 

How about you ? 


Style File

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...