Monday, March 12, 2012

KCCM Check-In #2



Hello, everyone ! I hope you all had a great weekend !

I definitely did, which is the reason why you are reading this post Monday and not Friday as promised!

I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long ;0)


Anywho,

KCCM Castor Oil Challenge Check-In #2 (Deets from my 1st Check-In here!)

1.Where do you live? Northern VA, but currently in RVA

2. How did you do during week 1 of the Castor Oil Challenge? I think that I did really well for the first week of the challenge, and I kept on top of my goals. This week I plan to try and keep up with the same goals, applying no less than 3x a week. 

3. How do you feel about Castor Oil in comparison to other oils you’ve used? I have really always only liked castor oil as a sealing oil because it's so heavy. I prefer lighter oils for daily use.

Quick and to the point but, I must say my hair health is really turning around and I absolutely love it! Now, my hair wasn't in bad shape, but there is always room for improvement. I can definitely tell a difference in "out" styles since I trimmed the ends.

Also, My brows are also coming in right nicely! They are going to look utterly crazy by the time this challenge is up, because I don t plan on touching them at all until June !

 eegaadd!!

 LOL, anyways.. I went home to visit my parents and I realized that I had forgot my castor oil ! The HORROR ! So, I went out with my mother on her Saturday Errands Extravaganza and picked some up. We had a whole hair spa day together! Very fun. She had recently picked up some rosemary oil and it gave me a few ideas of ways to love my kinks.

You will notice I went a little Rosemary crazy ! Since, I had just shampooed my hair with the Groove Theory Shampoo, I opted not to use shampoo this time. It's very rare that I use shampoo anyway. I decided to do an Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV) poo. I also added some Rosemary to my ACV poo mix, since Rosemary is great for scalp health. Afterwards, I deep conditioned with a mixture of Mayo, Aloe Vera Gel, Aloe Vera Juice, Rosemary Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Castor Oil and a little bit of Agadir Conditioner. Yes, quite the mixture.

 -- Oh, I must add how amazing my hair looked after the ACV/Rosemary Poo! It looked luxurious! My hair was soft and had a great sheen to it, I almost wanted to just stop there! I left the DC Mix on for around 30 minutes or so and rinsed it out. I followed up the DC with a Rosemary Rinse..

 ( I told you I went a little crazy) Now, you want to talk about soft? UBERSOFT hair !!! Ohmyguhness!! All I did after that was prep my hair for a twist-out.

 Now, while I was twisting I realized that all I did was seal with Castor Oil and used a SimplyCare Lite Hair Dress creme. You're probably wondering why this is weird... well, normally I spray my hair with Aloe Vera Juice and THEN seal.

Hmmm, We shall see how my hair turns out tomorrow! I'm excited, are you ?

Until tomorrow curlies !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...