Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ebony Entrepreneurs : Just Pearlz


Today's spotlight is on Just Pearlz, a fashion and jewelry company owned by LaNette Kincaid. Just Pearlz is a company that uses pearls and fashion to create perfection! 
An ambitious and inspiring woman, LaNette owns a second company Vendors Preferred. Vendors Preferred is a business consultant company.  Both of these companies were founded shortly after she graduation fromTexas Wesleyan University; where she received a Bachelors Degree in Sociology with an emphasis in Criminal Justice. 






In addition to being an entrepreneur and a volunteer, LaNette is an author, radio personality, motivational speaker, business and fashion expert. She also currently contributes to several fashion and business publications.









I posed a few questions to LaNette to learn more about her and her business endeavors. Take a look at
 the interview below.




NLC: Why do you do what you do ?
   My business is an outlet for me and I love talking and meeting new people.
NLC: What motivates you ? 
   I'm motivated by seeing other's happy with accomplishing goals that they were once told that they couldn't do.
NLC: What made you decide to become an entrepreneur ? 
   I was actually forced into entrepreneurship because I wanted to earn more money. My field by trade      is a social worker but I wanted to earn more than gas allowance.
NLC: What ignited the spark to start a new business venture ? 
   I was tired of working for other people. I was tired of building everyone else's dream. I knew that          once I started my own business there was no turning back and I could do it.
NLC: What do you attribute most to your success ? 
   Being consistent and never giving up. Allowing my clients to see the struggles as well as the                  successes of the business.
NLC: What do you think are a few key elements for starting and running a successful business ? 
   Do your research, get to know your clientele and don't be afraid to ask for money to fund your                business.
NLC: Is there anything that you do on a daily basis to grow as an entrepreneur ?
   It's stupid but I let my current clients know I appreciate them. I will send emails and I may post              flowers on Social Media for them to see and appreciate them. Only a daily basis, I am also looking        for new opportunities so that means more phone calls and more emails.
NLC: Do you have any "life-hacks" that help you to stay focused and productive in your day-to-day as an entrepreneur ? 
   Prayer and reading my Bible. I have to stay spiritual. I can't motivate others if I  can't motivate        myself.
NLC: What tips or words of wisdom would you give to someone just starting out on their path to entrepreneurship ?
   "All money aint good money" Learn to love what you do and perfect it and the money will come.
NLC : Looking back, is there one thing you wished you understood about entrepreneurship before you got started ? 
   I didn't know the first thing about business when I started and it was almost like running down the         street naked and exposed.. I wish I would have done my research!

Being an entrepreneur is no easy task and to have more than one company is commendable. I myself have more than one as well. ( I might just do a spotlight on myself ! Lol)

Thank you so much LaNette for sharing your businesses with us today !
Take a peek at some of the jewelry offered at Just Pearlz !
...

If you're looking for some great new jewelry, some help networking, or just want to keep up with LaNette; connect with her via social media. Links have been provided below.






Keep up with LaNette !


Twitter: @LaNetteKincaid  & @justpearlzJP
Facebook: www.facebook.com/whatswrite & www.facebook.com/bestofjustpearlz
Web: JustPearlz.com ( the jewelry is beautiful fyi !)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...