Monday, July 30, 2012

Natural Hair Weekend Fabulosity !

Hello curlfriends !

Myself and Kaasi, of Naturally Divine


I hope everyone had a great weeked. My weekend was awesome, It was a natural hair slumber party weekend !


On Friday I attended Shea Moistures " Transition to Wellness " Event.

This event was set up similar to a talk show, beginning with natural hair bingo. Too bad I had already cleaned out my purse ! Imani Dawson of Tribe Called Curl was the host. The speakers were Jennel Stewart of Kinky Curly Coily Me, Denise of Sundial, the parent company of Sheamoisture and Celebrity Stylist, Diane Bailey. I really enjoyed Denise, she was so informative and she touched on the subject of ingredients, and how she was proud that Sheamoisture products are free of them. Attendees also recieved a goodie bag and lucky raffle winners won prizes. It was a very casual event.

Shea Moisture Goodie



Saturday was the big day I was waiting for though. If some of my readers attended then you already know !

Return of the Curls Expo and Fashion Show !

It was amazing ! I had the best time ever. This was the first time I had a group to go with. Usually I attend these events on the solo-dolo. I don't have many photos because my iphone camera (which usually goes above and beyond it's photography duties) was acting funny and decided to be fuzzy.

Return of the Curls was a beautiful event. The event creator Keenya Kelley did her THANG ! There was a large amount of vendors, it was spacious and the workshops were great! I had the best time just strolling up and down the aisles looking at each vendor.

-side note- My goal to be vending at a natural hair event will be accomplished !

I had a chance to talk to and connect with a few curly vloggers and bloggers, it was great ! I might have even stumbled onto a mentor ! How exciting !

I purchased a few things but the goodie bags were on a thousand ! There were 3, THREE FULL sized products in the goodie bags given out. I couldn't believe it.

Check out the goodies !

Organic Root Stimulator Goodie Bag


Return of the Curls fabulous Goodies Bag !

Jewelry I purchased !



I also had a chance to attend Karen's of Karen's Body Beautiful Workshop entitled, Why Ingredients Matter. I also had a split second chance to speak with her before the event, which was exciting. I let her know that I used her Sweet Ambrosia  Leave-in on my hair. It's hard for me to find leave-ins that I like. KBB Sweet Ambrosia is one and Kinky Curly Knot Today is another.

Her workshop was really informative and interactive. People had a chance to ask her about various ingredients, or products. She also informed us of ingredients to be wary of. She also spoke of "Nappier than Expected" Syndrome which I think a lot of naturals, newly or not go through. It' something I plan on touching on when my Curl Pattern post is completed.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to attend Felicia Leatherwood's workshop. That was one I was really looking forward to sitting in on. I'm sure there will be another chance to hear her speak though.

After the workshops and walking from vendor to vendor, we took a break to go eat before the fabulousness that is the Fashion show took place. I'll admit I was skeptical, but my opinion was quickly changed as the first models walked out. I wanted to buy everything I saw walk that runway !

Such a gorgeous show, beautiful models, and eye-catching hair styles! To everyone that attended, I hope you enjoyed the expo as much as I did. To those that weren't able to, there's always next time ! I'm sure there will be many more natural hair expos as great or greater than this !

Here are some more photos!

Jocelyn of CurlyNuGrowth and myself

Ciera of Positive Inspirations, myself, and Taccaro




Ciera of Positive Inspirations, myself, and Taccaro

Kaasi of Naturally Divine, Nina of BeautifulBrwnBbyDol and myself

4 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had such a good time, and I will be looking out of your products at a natural hair event steph!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chelsi, We had a great time ! Stay on the look out, as it is definitely one of my goals !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post ! I appreciate it! Please feel free to leave a comment, I try to do my best to respond to them all. Please keep it respectful though !

Can We Help You Find Something ?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...